Makita created a new class in cordless with 18-Volt LXT Sub-Compact tools. Makita Sub-Compact gives users 12-Volt handling with 18-Volt performance and compatibility with the world’s largest 18-Volt cordless tool system. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt LXT system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries. Makita 18-Volt LXT batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18-Volt LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star Symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers 0-3,000 strokes per minute combined with a 13/16″ stroke length for faster and more efficient cutting
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 12-1/2″ long
- Weighs only 5.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Ideal for working in tight spaces
- Electric brake for maximum productivity